Effective date: Feb 1, 2017
Welcome to Woopa!
Woopa ("Woopa", "we", "us" or "our") is a fun and beautiful way to list things the user (“you”) wish to have and for sharing items with your friends and loved ones.
At Woopa we make one of our top priorities to keep your personal information safe. Woopa will use your personal information you provide to us only for the purpose and within the goal of providing better Woopa services (each a “Service” and, collectively, the “Services”).
Woopa will never disclose your personal information to a third party unless otherwise required by the relevant laws and regulations or consented by you.
Woopa will collect the following information
In General. We may collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address ("Personal Information") and other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service. When you provide personal information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and countries around the world.
In order to register as a user with Woopa, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorize us to collect certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, user name (nickname), gender, birthday, current city, photos (including meta-information), location information, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other Woopa users.
When you sign up for the Services or in the course of your use of the Services, you authorize us to collect device-specific information (such as your operating system, screen size and unique device identifiers, carrier, language, battery performance, Wi-Fi or other network connections), IP address, cookies, service use records or other data that you permit the App to access on your device including through permissions on your device (e.g. Google Play on Android) can be created automatically and collected in the course of service use.
If you communicate with us, we collect the information and content you provide to us, including personally identifying information such as your name, email or other contact information. You can provide anonymous feedback by using an email account that does not reveal your identity.
Your Personal Information will be used by Woopa to provide better Services
Woopa will collect your data as necessary to provide the Services in a seamless manner and to improve your user experience. In order to provide the basic features and other specialized functionalities of the Services we may use information that we collect about you to:
- verify your identity information, age, account, contact information and device information;
- deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- give any individual notifications, deal with any inquiries or disputes arising in connection with your use of the Services;
- develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
- search, register or notify other Service users who are in your contact list or who may be or want to be your Woopa friends;
- perform website or mobile application statistical analysis for new customized services, provide event and advertising information;
- public information you share in social platforms like your name and profile picture may be used to promote our Services;
- perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection;
- comply with obligations required under applicable laws and regulations; and
- enforce or exercise any rights and prevent any improper use of your personal information that may cause harm to you in violation of law or our Terms of Service.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us. Also, if you access our Service from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
The security of our Systems
We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to provide the service. By submitting your personally identifying information, you agree to this.
We have implemented physical and technical security safeguards to protect your data in accordance with industry standards. We limit access to your information on our servers, and it is password-protected/encrypted. We encrypt the communication channels using SSL. We also regularly monitor our servers for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Nevertheless, as the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information on our servers may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of our safeguards or be compromised by unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors.
Woopa will never disclose your personal information to a third party unless consented by you or otherwise required by law
Woopa will use your personal information only for the purposes set forth above and will not disclose to or share your personal information with any third party unless consented by you in the course of your use of the Services or otherwise required by law. For any Services that are linked to a third-party service, Woopa may provide your personal information to such third party with your consent within the scope necessary for your use of the Services.
When you register as a user of Woopa, your Woopa profile and items you post to share will be viewable by other users of the Service. Other users will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Facebook, such as your Facebook photos, any additional photos you upload, your first name, your birthday, and information you have in common with the person viewing your profile, such as common Facebook friends and likes.
We may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Woopa may entrust a third party with the handling of your personal information when necessary for seamless provision of the Services
Woopa may delegate the handling of your personal information to third parties (the “Service Providers”) when it is necessary to ensure seamless Services. By using our Services you agree to give us your consent to use third party Service providers to collect and process data about you and your contacts. Please refer to the following list for more information on the Service Providers and the services provided by the Service Providers:
- Service provider: Facebook
- Purpose: For collecting user information and create Woopa user account.
- Service provider: Onesignal
- Purpose: Push notification service for mobile applications.
- Service provider: Google Analytics
- Purpose: Analyze and monitor our performance.
- Service provider: Amazon Web Services
- Purpose: Process your information.
- Service provider: Google Play
- Purpose: Digital distribution of the App for android.
- Service provider: Apple Store
- Purpose: Digital distribution of the App for iOS.
If we use additional third party service providers in the future, we will update these Terms to include the description of their services and any additional pertinent information on them.
Third party service providers are not, by any means, authorized to change, alter, or modify the data we or our users provide through our Service. Nor service providers are allowed to manipulate, change or alter the coding, sentences, methods, interactions, etc. of our Services without our proper validation and consent to do so. This is to guarantee the safety and tranquility of all our users.
Woopa does not hold the trademark and copyright of existing items shared in our Services
Woopa does not hold or claim the copyright and trademark of existing items (products or services) shared in our Service and the right belongs to the corresponding owners. Woopa will acknowledge and respect to the corresponding authors of any copyright and/or trademark arising from original or novel data disclosed in our Services. When using our Service, user owners of novel data disclosed in our Service give us the exclusive right to advertise or sale the product or service derived from that novelty royalty free.
Our Policy towards children
Woopa is not intended and/or directed to persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under that age has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information from our servers. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
For any inquiries...
Last updated and effective as of Feb 1, 2017.